Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 04, 2007

I think that for a few days, if I don't have much to say, I'm just going to really briefly sum up the day - I do want to keep this as a journal/record of this amazing trip, but I don't want to feel like I *have* to fill 8 or 10 inches of screen space, with photos and other links if I can't write that much, so from now on, I think I'm going to keep the length a bit more fluid...

So anyway, work today - it was good, I had my monthly meeting we Caroline (as did everyone else), and I'm going to be working more at CPI, which is good :) During our meeting, at Colors of India downstairs, the weather went waaaaaay wacky! It had been grey and cool all day, but there was loud rumbling thunder, and lightning like in the street outside the window, and then it just starting pissing rain like crazy. The thunder was ridiculously loud and vibration-y though! I guess it was really close! I ran up to the office, and got pretty wet even though I was only outside for about 20 seconds.

A few minutes after that, it started to wetly snow! It hasn't snowed once this year, and we were in the low 20s on the weekend, yet today there were huge wet white flakes floating down with the rain, it was crazy! We all raced to the window and had our noses pressed up against the glass like kids at school hoping for a snow day.

Today at lunch was a great example of why lunch sets are such a good invention! We went to the Wolfgang Puck Cafe pretty close to our office, which I'd never been to before, but I got a pasta set, which was foccacia bread, corn soup (why is the soup always corn?), refillable soda, and pasta for under 9$, including tax, and of course, no tip. You really can't beat that!

Left the office at about 20 past 7 when it became patently clear that I wasn't going to be accomplishing much more at that point, and walked with Nine down to Random Walk which is a big English-language book store near Roppongi Crossing that is closing at the end of the month, and therefore having a big sale. They were closing at 8, so I didn't really have a chance to look too carefully, but it looks like a great selection and quite cheap - hopefully tomorrow I'll have more of a chance to look through it!

Headed home, chatted with Sarah and Andee a bit (welcome back from the land of the lack of Internet!), and that's about it... chilled out night all around...

D

No comments: