Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Today was Navina's last day, so I took the morning off work and Peter and I dropped her off at the Hilton in Shinjuku to get an Airport Limousine Bus off to the airport for her 3:30 flight. I can't believe she's gone already, as it seems like the planning and everything was so long, and then suddenly she was on her way, here, busy, and now gone! It was really fun to have her around though, and hopefully she didn't get too tired of me and my planning!

After we dropped her off, I jumped on a train and got to work around noon. There were only three of us in the office, so very quiet, and I did bits and pieces of distribution, typing for Bill, researching for Women of the World, etc. (The average Japanese woman has 35 inch hips, (and is slowly getting bigger); in America, 41-43 inches).

Left the office around 4:30 and then went to teach, until 7--worked on math and spelling with the little girl and checked in with her brother about how all of his classes are going - he's gotten really into reading recently, which is great!

Came home and made THE most random dinner ever-mashed potatoes with a kind of Asian-y (bean sprouts and mushrooms in it) lemon peppery chicken. I think both parts on their own will be good, but still waiting to see how they taste together, as Peter, who said he was leaving the office over an hour ago, still isn't home (its like a 20 minute drive), so its in the oven. Since I have to be up so early these days, I think if he's not home by the time I finish this, I'm going to give up and eat without him!

In the meantime, I've been reading A Wild Sheep Chase, by Haruki Murakami, which is a very weird but very enjoyable book that Jordon lent me...In some ways, it reminds me of Francesca Lia Block, but only in the style-reality with a heavy, heavy suspension of belief required to get into it. I'm about half way through now, and well caught up in the story, so, I think I'm going to go back to it and hope that V. and Peter turn up soon for some food!
xo
D

No comments: