Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Woke up early yesterday and despite feeling fairly ropey, headed to the gym. I got there seconds after the class I wanted to do had started though, so I ended up just going on the elliptical and doing some weights. When I was on the elliptical, it was funny because I was watching kiddy TV, since it is very simple, so if I have half a hope of picking out anything, I figure it would be there! Also helps with reading kana, because they have karaoke-style song subtitles and stuff, and they write the kana over the kanji, so I can follow along (well, kind of!)

Anyway, after that headed to teach, and then to work, which was lovely, as usual, and then yesterday evening, headed to the graduate campus at Temple to listen to a talk on human trafficking and the sex industry in Japan, which was interesting! Depressing too, but after what Marie went through the day before, I can't complain at all!

Anyway, about to be late for teaching today, so should go, but there's the cliff's notes version!

1 comment:

Nikki said...

Marie? What did Marie go through? Did I miss something?