Search This Blog

Sunday, January 21, 2007

Sooooo ready for bed so just a quick blog...

Woke up at seven, and made it out the door just after half past to get down to Shibuya to teach at 8,-apparently I can get down there in about eighteen minutes if I'm about to be late! Today was the limo service guy again, we were meeting so early because he was coming straight from an over night shift, so needless to say, we were both full of energy :p Anyway, we branched out a bit from taxi talk which was nice, a bit more interesting...

After that, I went across the street (from one coffee shop to another) to start working on my diamond article, take 45 haha. I worked on it for about an hour and headed home, getting back around tenish I guess, which seemed toooo early to be home already! I started to work on the article a little bit more, and then took a break to call Navina, we had a good chat for over an hour, by which point everyone else was starting to get up...

I kept working on the article while Peter and Hitomi started getting ready for the BBQ we had tonight. I'm down to about 820 words so tomorrow morning I'll go over it one more time, and get ride of the spare 20 words before sending it over to Helen and Anthony, hopefully I've ended up with something acceptable! I'm also interviewing Sarah for BAB tomorrow evening when we have coffee anyway... Life as as working girl, I tell you :) Seriously though, I love it, and I'm happy to be busy - if there's any way I can swing it one of these months, I'd love to add Japanese school for a month (3hrs a day) as well. Not sure if I can get it off the ground, but I'd like to try...

Anyway, around 4ish our guests started turning up - we had a small gathering with Tommy and Marina and Jadis, Nana and Spiros and Mibu. It was very nice - v. tasty food! Chicken, ribs, corn, salad, BBQ'd street vendor sausage on a stick (which is way better than if you just buy it in Yoyogi Koen!) a yummy baked potato casserole type thing that Hitomi made, and then at the end, a traditional celebratory Japanese dish, where you take a red snapper (the one we had was pre smoked kind of, and then tossed on the grill), and add it to some rice, with sesame seeds and wasabi, and then poor tea over the whole thing, and it turns into a kind of porridge. Its quite interesting! Like soup with broth that just doesn't taste how you're expecting it to, but I liked it. I think I've discovered that I'm not a fan of wasabi though! Had it accidentally last night, and wasn't so sure about it, and this pretty much sealed the deal, it's not really my thing, but other than that it was good!

Jadis was so cute! She's turned into much more of a person since Thanksgiving, and grown sooo much! (she's 17 months). She was very brave with Venus, who was a bit of a nutter in the beginning, but by the end of the evening they'd made friends, and she'd managed to tucker V right out. Jadis is pretty cute - she's picking up some English and Japanese words (she's definitely more billingual than me!), and will shake your hand and say 'nice to meet you', or say 'doomo' and throw in a bow - pretty adorable! With so many people around to wrap around her little finger she was great through the evening - always someone to say hi to, (and to protect her from that crazy Labrador chasing after her!) Very nice evening with everyone, we'll have to do it again soon!

Everyone cleared out around 10, and we watched an episode of the OC (if by watched I mean I slept through most of it!), and now I'm about ready to fall into bed...

D

No comments: