Search This Blog

Sunday, October 15, 2006

I'm finally here, after a ridiculously long flight - we ended up being 40 minutes late into Narita, and we didn't really sit around much in Vancouver, so I'm not too sure what was up with that. The flight was actually pretty bumpy for most of it, but the rescue remedy I took was fantastic! Totally works as advertised - very exciting!

Pete picked me up, and we had hotdogs in the terminal before driving home - saw about ten huuuuuge Japan Racing Association horse trailers headed the other direction on the freeway - they're like modified class A motor homes...

Will post pics of pete's house and my room and everything later (very nice), but got here and unpacked (amazingly!), walked to the combini to see where it was and get butter, and then came back here for a really nice spaghetti dinner that Hitomi made... My introduction to Japanese food seems to be coming along nicely ;).

V-chan is very cute, but quite the stealer! I think she feels a bit put out that I've arrived on the scene, and unlike Basil, doesn't give up the things she's stolen (unless you're Pete) particularly easily, so everything is on high hidden alert right now. I woke up at two am to find her unpacking some of Pete's papers from a crate he had them stored in on the floor - They're a little worse for wear, but I think I prevented any of them from getting completely chomped!

Other than that, she's very very sweet and happy - in between paper snacks, she slept on my bed last night (though if you asked her, I think she might tell you that I slept on HER bed and not the other way around), and she's very cuddly...

I'll write more once I actually go explore or something, not sure what's on the agenda for today
xo
D

1 comment:

Nikki said...

Great to hear you arrived ok! Looking forward to hearing what you get up to...