Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Pretty quiet day today, I decided to move the Visa trip to tomorrow, so after watching Gilmore Girls, I worked on a few things...I put together a mini study guide/activity set for OLIVIA, which means I'm about half way prepared for Saturday, and at least I can re use these if I start teaching other kids...

I also submitted something to the Common Ties blog, so hopefully they like that, they're looking for short personal stories and/or essays. I finished up the Deaf Experience thing I was working on yesterday and sent that in...

Did a few other things, but nothing too exciting, and then decided to take the Venuppi Puppi for a walk, so I listened to this week's 'This American Life', about getting in over your head, and we walked around Yoyogi Uehara... It was a really good podcast I thought - Very interesting story (act 2), about this guy who has taken it upon himself to play 'doctor' and give this drug to people that can in some cases cure them of their heroin addiction (it cured him of 27 years of addiction). Unfortunately, the drug has the same level of illegality as heroin itself and can basically kill you if you do it wrong. Pretty interesting dilemma for him...

I also read quite a bit more of the Google book today, it's pretty interesting! I can't remember if I said this yesterday, but it's written a lot like a memoir which makes it really interesting... I also went to their website and checked out their jobs page, and it really does seem like a pretty sweet place to work, with free food, 20% time spent on your own interests/projects, and an atmosphere of a college campus... They offer a lot of sweet perks, and I'm sure demand a lot in return, but for the types of people (largely single, young, nerdy/otaku) who work there, it's got to be a good deal! Too bad I didn't go into software engineering :p

Peter came home around ten, I made corn, mashed potatoes and sliced steak w/ terriyaki sauce for dinner, it was pretty tasty - I've decided that anything which combines butter with salt is a good thing! Incidentally, I tried the drink which I'd always thought of as being incredibly odd today (hot water on its own), and its actually really good! I should listen to people when they tell me these things (oh wait, I did!), but yea, its like the relaxing hotness of tea, without all the issues of making tea actually taste good, or the bitter yuckiness of coffee...

A few more episodes of Friends, and that's about it... I won't even try and draw the day out further, but if you're looking for some more reading, check out this site - pingmag, which is a great online source for all things art and design in Japan and around the world, in English...

D.

No comments: