Search This Blog

Friday, February 04, 2011

Circus School!!!!

The day finally came :) I think my body wishes it hadn't, but it was great! I ended up being the only student in both my classes, and had a great time in both. So far I like hoop/trapeeze a little bit more, but silks was fun too. Hard! They both are. Lots of upper body strength, but that will come pretty quickly. As will the man hands. I have two rips already--very 1994!

I don't remember all of what we did, but here's a relatively complete selection.

Trapeeze:

knee hang, bird's nest, mermaid, stand, tuck hang, angel, half angel, old man on the moon, plank

Hoop:

pike mount, straddle mount, fetus, old man on the moon, mermaid (maybe?)

Silks:

square pose, cocoon, inverted straddle, inverted angel, pullover into sitting on the knot, pullover, plank, candy cane knot.

Can't wait until next week!

No comments: